Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Encouraged

Being a new missionary working on raising support is a rollercoaster. Some days I'm so excited as I look forward and other days I get discouraged because I am not there yet. God is teaching me patience and how to wait on Him, trusting Him. I won't say that it's easy, but God is keeping me strong in faith, praise the Lord! And overall, I am still encouraged and excited for what God has in store for me.

I recently went to Dallas for a TIME Ministries board meeting, with a lot of discussion (which wore me out). I was encouraged to hear from the others that I am doing well with raising my support. Sometimes it's hard to see that. I can't say I've done it before or really have any idea of what to expect, so it was very encouraging to hear from others who are more familiar with the process that I am doing well. And it lifts my spirits to hear this when I know that the economy is not good and there are many changes going on. If I can see God continuing to provide for my support during these times, then I know that God is leading me still to go to Monterrey. It's good. I needed that encouragement and it keeps me going, continuing to wait on God, one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment