Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Praise the Lord, I'm starting to see some progress on the support money and pledges coming in! I'm still much in need of support, especially consistent, ongoing pledges. It's still a slow process, but I'm being encouraged. I'm also being encouraged because of the progress I've been making on what I can do with getting in touch with people; actions I am able to control. I've pushed myself more this past month, although I probably need to continue to push myself more.

To be honest, I went through a time of not getting much done and then feeling guilty about it, and avoiding the work to be done. Not that I wasn't doing work, but not focusing on what I needed to, not pushing myself. And then I realized more how I need not be held back by my guilt or shame any longer, because God operates by grace. Nor need I be held back by fear, because God is Almighty and wants to bless me.

So I want to leave you with two passages that reflect this truth:

Romans 11:6 "And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace."

1 Chronicles 28:20 "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being honest in your post Karen. Eric and I are somewhat following in your footsteps. At least your footsteps from a couple years ago. :) We're going to Vietnam for a year with teachoverseas to teach English. We leave in July! Thanks for posting about your journey. It's encouraging to watch someone else in their similar process.
    -Karissa

    ReplyDelete